Bulawayo City Council's Fire, Rescue and Emergency Medical Services provide total Civil Protection, Psychological, Rehabilitative, Curative, Preventive, Promotional services including high standards of pre-hospital care through community participation in the City Of Kings and its environs.
Fire and Emergency Medical Services believe that the total process of the Management of the distressed, injured, emergency incidents and of the safe motherhood programmes is based on well managed Fire Prevention, Fire and Rescue Operation and Pre-hospital Care Systems.
- A Council section which provides the community with high quality Civil protection and Pre-hospital Care Services.
- Cultivate innovativeness in the staff.
- Instill high standards of discipline.
- Develop and maintain competent staff
- Achieve and maintain a high pass rate in training programmes
- Set high standard of good morals in staff members.
- Expose staff members to the best practices.
- Reduce the number of fires and other emergencies.
- Mitigate the loss and injury arising out of fires and other emergency incidents.