The City of Bulawayo’s Customer Service Charter has been put in place with a view of ensuring that public expectations of service delivery are matched by achievable and measurable performance standards. The intention of this document is to ensure that:
- The relationship that exists between the City of Bulawayo and the customer or recipient of service is enhanced.
- Areas of dissatisfaction are reduced.
- In instances of dispute the process to resolve the disputes are clear.
- Unrealistic expectations are eliminated.
- The escalation procedures in the event there are differences between the service provider and customers are explained.
- The members of the public are made aware of how the public can access services provided by Bulawayo City Council.
This document further intends highlighting:
- How effectiveness will be tracked.
- How information about service effectiveness will be reported and addressed.
- How to prevent poor customer relations.
- How to keep client relationships healthy as a result of compliance from adherence to published service level standards by the Municipal employees whilst simultaneously ensuring that the rights of the customers are upheld