The accepted levels for sanitation are:
- Conventional waterborne – connection to sewerage infrastructure.
- Waterborne with on-site disposal – septic tank and associated soak-away.
- Water with on-site collection and off-site disposal e.g. Conservancy tanks with emptying and disposal by tanker.
- Waterborne and on-site treatment.
- Urine Diversion toilet with double vaults (dry sanitation)
- The workshop locations only refer to points of interface for customers, and not the point from where the service is provided.
- Time period in days are specific to “working days” not “calendar days” as there is a big difference, especially in holiday seasons.
|Service / Service Product||Service Level Standards||Workshop Location|
|Removal of spoil material left on consumers verges.||1 Day||City Centre, Nkulumane, Mabutweni|
|Backfilling of trenches/excavations/ in road ways and on verges||1 Day||City Centre, Nkulumane, Mabutweni|
|Waste Water Tank Services: Conservancy/Septic tank emptying, unprogrammed.||3 Days||City Centre|
|Pit Latrine Emptying||14 Days||City Centre|
|Waste Water connection Application/ Installations
From receipt of customer’s full purchase of raw materials.
|7 Days||City Centre, Nkulumane, Mabutweni|
|Inspection of new Waste Water Installation
From completed date of sewer connections.
|3 Days||City Centre, Nkulumane, Mabutweni|
|Approval / Disapproval of building plans with respect to sewerage disposal.||3 Days||City Centre, Nkulumane, Mabutweni|
|First attendance to Sewer overflows/blockages/smells/damage||Half Day||City Centre, Nkulumane, Mabutweni|
|Attendance to Private Blockages on private property||1 Day||City Centre, Nkulumane, Mabutweni|
|Escalated Waste Water Complaints||1 Day||City Centre, Nkulumane, Mabutweni|