The administration of the whole department is centred in the Corporate Services Section. It is the synergy of the whole department since it coordinates all the functions pertaining to the department as a whole.
The section is responsible for the recruitment, staffing and redeployment of all the department’s employees.
Attachment of students doing Accounting, Finance, Purchasing and Supplies and Information Technology is carried out in the Corporate Services Section.
Staff records regarding promotion, demotion, misconducts awards and terminations are all kept in this section.
The Section is responsible for calculation and remission of Value Added Tax to ZIMRA
This is a sub-section of the Corporate Services and is responsible for the following:
- Managing City of Bulawayo payroll by processing of input, running of payroll, processing staff members net salary to the banks, processing of salary deductions to the various creditor institutions on a monthly basis.
- Submission of statutory payments and returns to ZIMRA, ZIMSTAT, NSSA, ZIMDEF.
- Setting of new staff members in the AS400 that have been engaged.
- Termination of staff members from system, that is, retired, deceased, AWOL, etc.
- Managing all types of leave for staff members for making sure that salaries are paid within specified time frames.
- Preparation of year end financials in relation to payroll.