The Financial Services Department is the custodian of Council fund. Its objective is to receive, record, disburse financial resources to Council’s advantage and in accordance with legal provisions.
This department is headed by the Financial Director and duly supported by the Deputy Financial Director and Assistant Financial Director. It is composed of six (6) sections namely, Corporate Services, Revenue, Procurement and Supplies, Accounting Services, Risk and Cash Flow Management and Information Technology. The sections are headed by Finance Managers and the I.T. Manager.
The department’s core functions are:Accountancy
- Main accounts, i.e. budgets/ control, financial statements, contract management
- Housing, i.e. loans management, rents and charges
- Revenue, i.e. Rates, consumer charges, miscellaneous charges
- Finance, i.e. funds flow, investments, risk management
- Stores, i.e. procurement, storage, issues
- Information systems management, i.e. systems development, hard ware and software support, report processing.
- Staff benefits, i.e. salaries, pensions and medical aid.
The Financial Services is committed to excellence in the delivery of financial management and accounting services.