1. The Government of Zimbabwe (GoZ) has received a grant of UA 24 million from the African Development Bank (AfDB) to finance the Bulawayo Water and Sewerage Services Improvement Project.
2. The objective of the Project is to improve municipal water supply and sewerage services with the aim of contributing to the improvement in health and social wellbeing of the population of the City of Bulawayo. The proposed Project’s emphasis is on rehabilitating and enhancing the water supply system, strengthening institutional aspects, enhancing service delivery efficiency and improvement of the environmental sanitation.
3. The project includes components for (i) Water Systems Efficiency Improvement, (ii) Environmental improvement, (iii) Institutional Capacity Development, and (iv) Project Management:
4. Procurement of goods and works will be in accordance with the Bank's Rules of Procedure for the Procurement of Goods and Works and will include:
i) Refurbishing of Water Treatment Plants
ii) Upgrading of Water Mains
iii) Mains renewal or Replacement
iv) Construction of Public Stand posts in Cowdray Park
v) Rehabilitation of Outfall Sewers- SAST Catchment and Hot Spots
vi) Rehabilitation of Outfall Sewers- Cowdray Park Catchment
vii) Rehabilitation of SAST wastewater treatment plant
viii) Rehabilitation of Public Toilets
viii) Supply and Install Electro Mechanical Equipment at Fernhill and Ncema Pump Stations
ix) Supply and Install System and consumer Water Meters
x) Supply of pipes and fittings for Cowdray Park
xi) Supply of mobile truck workshop units and water maintenance tools
xii) Supply of sewer cleaning and maintenance equipment<\p>
xiii) Supply of meter reading, billing, GIS and call centre equipment
xiv) Supply and installation of Solar Power for call center server room
xv) Supply of Aerial Imagery
xvi) Supply of Vehicles
xv) Supply of Computers and Equipment and
xvi) Supply of Furniture.
5. Acquisition of the services of Consultants will follow the Bank's Rules of Procedure for the Use of Consultants and shall include i) Design and Supervision services, ii) Development of procedure manuals and technical guideline, iii) Tariff and Affordability Study, and Institutional Option Analysis, iv) Pre-feasibility study for power generation from the solid waste, v) Feasibility study for waste water reuse from Khami Dam and Thorngrove , vi) Financial Audit Services and vii)Technical Assistance (Senior Engineer, Procurement Specialist and Support) . Bidding documents are expected to be available starting February 2016.
6. Specific Procurement Notices will be published for each procurement method under each component.
7. Interested bidders may obtain further information, and should confirm their interest, by contacting the executing agency: