The City of Bulawayo would like to advise commuters, stakeholders, commuter omnibus operators, informal traders and residents that the Basch Street Terminus (Egodini) will be closed from Tuesday, 20 March 2018 to pave way for the construction of the Egodini Mall. The redevelopment of the transportation interchange is expected to take 15 months.
During the redevelopment of Egodini temporal pick up points and termini have been established and these will complement existing termini. The Termini and pick up points are as follows:
Pick Up Points:
1. Street between 11th & 13th Avenue for routes that go via Khami Road – Magwegwe West, Magwegwe North, Pumula , Mpopoma , Nkulumane , Emganwini, Nketa, Bellevue, Cowdray Park .
2. Lobengula Street & 3rd Avenue for routes which go via D Square – Luveve , Cowdray Park, Pumula, Emakhandeni, Magwegwe North, Richmond, Barbourfields, Trenance, Harrisvale, Kingsvale, Woodville.
3. Lobengula Street & 2nd Avenue – Northern areas, Queenspark, Sauerstown, Woodville
4. Lobengula Street & 6th Avenue – To be used and managed by BUPTA.
5. Harare Road & 2nd Avenue – Kombis using Harare Road
6. Nkulumane Long Distance Bus Terminus – Kezi, Maphisa , Plumtree
7. Hamara Pick Up Points - Waterford , Burnside routes
8. George Silundika & 12th Avenue pick up points – Gumtree, Claremont, City Hall, TM Hyper, Entumbane, Renkini will continue to be used as usual and as directed by Council.
9. City Hall, TM Hyper, Entumabane, Renkini - will continue to be used as usual and directed by Council
These new facilities have been handed over to Bona Fide companies registered and recognised by the Council and no one else is allowed to use these facilities without the permission of the Council. Offending operators and commuters will be arrested and prosecuted in terms of the law. For any comments or queries, please contact our Call Centre on (09) 71290 for all networks and (08084700) for Econet numbers only or on WhatsApp 0774668432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.Masiyephambili
ADVERT NO : 6606
DATE : 20 March 2018
C. DUBE TOWN CLERK