In view of the difficult economic environment, the City of Bulawayo has taken the initiative to alleviate the plight of its various communities, both domestic and non domestic insofar as meeting their financial obligations for Municipal services.
It is accordingly proposed as follows:
- Council enters into arrangements with interested consumers where Council will park the overdue debt and encourage payment of all current charges and installments towards the parked debt religiously over an agreed period.
- Consumers will be expected to commit to pay their current bill plus a portion of the arrears over an agreed period.
- Consumer accounts with arrangements that are honoured will not be disconnected or be subject to any debt recovery measures such as litigation.
- Once consumers have entered into the payment plan, accounts become interest free, subject to further review.
- Interest will be maintained on accounts where there is no agreement. In cases where there has been breach of agreement, interest will be reinstated.
ADVERT NO : 6142
DATE : Wednesday, 3 January 2018
C. DUBE TOWN CLERK