ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING SERVICES – (ROADS) - GRADE 13
This is an executive position which calls for a self-motivated and experienced Civil Engineer who will be in charge of the whole roads branch functions.
The position is responsible to the Director of Engineering Services.
- A degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University or a diploma earned technician engineer status in civil engineering from a training institution and must be a corporate member of a recognised Engineering Institution.
- A masters degree in Engineering or related field
- Must have a minimum of 10 years experience in the field of road administration in a Local Government, Commercial or related environment.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate firm management skills and financial control.
- Must be conversant with both contract administration and construction techniques.
- Must have sound knowledge in construction of bridges and project evaluation.
- Design and documentation of all roads related capital projects.
- Preparation of projects proposal reports.
- Management of contracts.
- Efficient utilisation of office equipment and human resources.
- Supervision of a team of design Engineers and Technicians.
- Planning and implementation of traffic controls.
- Estimate and cost projects expenses and monitor progress.
- Maintenance and construction of storm water drainages.
- Monitor the soils samples taken from construction sites and analysed by the laboratory.
- Ensure quality standard is adhered to, on projects and maintenance works.
- Heads the Roads Branch that consists of Roads Administration, Structures, Construction and Traffic Sections.
The Human Resources Manager
P.O Box 591
To reach him not later than Friday 16th June, 2017
ADVERT NO : 5793
DATE : 25TH MAY, 2017
C. DUBE TOWN CLERK