CITY OF BULAWAYO
POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HEALTH SERVICES (PERSONAL HEALTH)
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HEALTH SERVICES (PERSONAL HEALTH)
The following position has arisen within the City of Bulawayo
||Assistant Director of Health Services (Personal Health Branch) (Grade 13)
||POST REPORTS TO
||Director of Health Services
- The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the efficient delivery of Primary Health Care services through the clinics and the Infectious Diseases Hospital
- Initiation and participation in research activities to improve on any aspect of Primary Health Care Services.
- The development and implementation of training programmes for health personnel in liaison with the relevant Departments
||MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB SUMMARY
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Health Services Department’s Strategic plan.
- Draw and submit for approval the branch’s programmes and annual work plan.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the branch’s activities and produce monthly reports for submission to relevant Council Committees
- Develop and implement training programmes for the health personnel in liaison with the relevant Department
- Mentor and supervise the Clinical Medical Officers and the Dentist in the management of patients at the clinics and at the Council hospital.
- Establish contact with specialists at the Central Hospitals to facilitate secondary care of patients.
- Liaise with the Director of Health Services and the Senior Administrative Officer in ensuring adequate commodity supplies and equipment for effective functioning of the clinics and the hospital.
- Provide professional oversight to the Chief Nursing Officer in the provision of Primary Health Care.
- Investigate all incidents of adverse events from medicines administered at the clinics and hospital in accordance with professional protocol
- Oversee periodic Personal health branch’s staff appraisals
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB Ch B) degree
- Current valid practicing certificate
- Knowledge of computers would be an added advantage
- Possession of postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
||EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Be registered with the Medical and Dental Practitioners’ Council of Zimbabwe and have up to at least 10 years experience in the medical field.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills and demonstrate ability to build productive work teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possession of unendorsed Class 4 Driver’s Licence
||The salary payable reflects the seniority of the post and it is backed by benefits which include contributory pension fund, a Medical Aid Scheme, generous vacation, occasional and sick leave entitlements and essential car user allowances. The details of the remuneration package will be revealed to shortlisted applicants only.
Applications in envelopes clearly marked “Confidential” - Assistant Director of Health Services (Personal Health) should be sent along with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic/professional certificates supported by 3 professional traceable referees.
NB: Incumbency to public office is subject to possession of a clean criminal record. (Police Clearance)
Applications to reach:
The Human Resources Manager
City of Bulawayo
P.O Box 591
OR Drop applications to:-
Room 218 2nd Floor
The Municipal Buildings (City Hall)
L. Takawira Avenue/Fife Street
Not Later than 27th November, 2017
ADVERT NO : 6203
DATE : 17th November, 2017
C. DUBE TOWN CLERK