CITY OF BULAWAYO
POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES (COMMUNITY SERVICES)
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES (COMMUNITY SERVICES)
The following position has arisen within the City of Bulawayo
||Assistant Director of Housing and Community Services (Community Services Branch) – (Grade 13)
||POST REPORTS TO
||Director of Housing and Community Services
- The incumbent to provide visionary leadership to the Branch
- To direct operations for the Branch, oversee budgets, set departmental goals which are relevant to the Community Services Branch and objectives, coordinates assessment efforts, monitor and evaluate and review implementation strategies and outcomes to ensure efficient, effective and responsive delivery of service
- Functional head of Council’s Community Services portfolio.
||MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB SUMMARY
- The incumbent is responsible for the co-ordination and control of all aspects of the day to day management and development of Council’s Community Services at strategic level
- Execution of Council policy
- Overall administration of the Branch
- Attendance to Council’s disciplinary and grievance process as and when required.
The incumbent will be responsible among other issues for:
- Liaising with Municipal technical departments with regard to Community Services and amenities to be provided to the stakeholders.
- Drafting a wide range of reports to Council Committees.
- Liaising with various Community organizations, Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education, Ministry of Sports, Ministry of Cultural Affairs and other stakeholders.
- Preparing Capital and Revenue budget estimates in collaboration with Council’s Treasury Directorate.
- Ensuring speedy and correct implementation of Council decisions relating to the Branch
- Supervision of all sections in the Branch, namely Women’s Groups, School Leaver Training Programmes, Co-operative Development ,Amenities, Youth Services, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Pre-Schools, Libraries, Social and Welfare Services.
- Attending meetings of Council Committees.
- Representing Council at various fora like conferences, workshops, seminars etc.
Applicants should have any of the following:
- Degree in Social Sciences, or Degree in Public Social Administration, or Degree in Social Planning Administration.
- Post graduate qualification would be an added advantage.
- Membership to appropriate professional bodies
||EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in the operations of Community Services and Municipal amenities and a thorough knowledge of the country’s Education System and relevant Acts of Parliament.
- Top level management ability with a proven record of achievement.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills and demonstrable ability to build productive teams work teams.
- Thorough understanding of Council’s financing procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Unendorsed Class 4 Driver’s Licence.
||The salary payable reflects the seniority of the post and it is backed by benefits which include contributory pension fund, a Medical Aid Scheme, generous vacation and sick leave and essential car user allowances. The details on the remuneration package will be revealed to the short listed applicants only.
Applications marked “ Confidential, Assistant Director Housing and Community Services (Community Services) should be sent along with a comprehensive CV and copies of relevant academic/professional certificates supported by 3 professional traceable referees.
NB: Incumbency to public office is subject to possession of a clean criminal record. (Police Clearance)
Applications to reach:
The Human Resources Manager
City of Bulawayo
P.O Box 591
OR Drop applications to:-
Room 218 2nd Floor
The Municipal Buildings (City Hall)
L. Takawira Avenue/Fife Street
Not Later than 27th November, 2017
ADVERT NO : 6202
DATE : 17th November, 2017
C. DUBE TOWN CLERK