ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HEALTH SERVICES (ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH) GRADE 13
The candidates must possess:-
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Health.
- Masters Degree in Environmental Health Science/Public Health.
- Be registered with Environmental Health Practitioner’s Council of Zimbabwe and posses a valid practising certificate
- Have up to ten (10) years experience in Environmental Health Management field
- Knowledge of computers would be an added advantage. The successful applicant will be responsible for technical, administration and control major functional areas and coordinating all sections in the branch, namely, the Health Inspectorate, Cleansing, Pest Control and Crematorium and Cemeteries Sections.
The Duties briefly are:
- Develops and directs short and long term organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies and operating procedures.
- Directly manages the development, implementation and education of the environmental health activities.
- Implementation and execution of the strategic plans and the budget
- Sitting on relevant national, regional and interdepartmental committees, when required.
- Generates departmental input in the drafting of new legislation, reviews existing legislation and follows procedure to promulgate, amend or repeal legislation.
- Writing and checking reports to Council Committees
- Authorising prosecutions of business that violate public health legislation.
- Advises the Director on all matters pertaining to Environmental Health.
This is a senior and highly strategic position and only those who meet the above requirements need apply.
The salary package will only be made available to professionally qualified applicants who will have been listed for interview.
Applications marked “Confidential, Assistant Director Of Health Services (Environmental Health)” post should be sent along with a comprehensive CV and copies of relevant academic certificates supported by three (3) professional referees, to reach :-
The Town Clerk
City of Bulawayo
P.O Box 591
Not later than.25th September, 2017
ADVERT NO : 6014
DATE : 7th September, 2017
C. DUBE TOWN CLERK