CITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (GRADE 13)
The candidates must possess:-
- A first degree in Economics
- A masters degree in the following fields Economics, Business Studies, Finance, Commerce or equivalent relevant qualification
- At least seven (7) years experience in a similar position
- The post calls for a seasoned entrepreneur
- The candidate should be able to work without supervision
- The candidate should be conversant with all relevant legislation, economic trends and investment requirements as well as trade protocols at both regional and global levels
- Possession of a clean driver’s licence (Class 4)
The position calls for a highly computer literate, self-motivated professional with practical experience in the areas of responsibility shown above backed by proven performance.
The position calls for a team player who has exceptional analytical skills and is prepared to manage a branch with diverse functions.
It is considered unlikely that persons with less than seven years practical experience at a senior managerial level will meet the challenges of this position.
The Duties briefly are:
- The incumbent’s primary function will be to ensure that the Bulawayo City Council plays a major function in the economic growth and sustainable development of the City of Bulawayo. He or she will be required to advise the Council on strategies for economic growth, investment, joint ventures and other partnerships for development.
- To assist the Council enhance development in the City, the incumbent will be expected to devise strategies and programmes to encourage local entrepreneurial talent as well as to woo prospective external developers and to advance ways to encourage local business to expand operations in consultation and collaboration with business institutions/informal sector and other stakeholders.
- Routine attendance to specific Council Committees and other adhoc Council organs as directed by the Head of Department.
- The incumbent will be expected to attend trade exhibitions like the ZITF and other fora at both regional and global levels.
- The office of the incumbent superintends over the allocation of industrial/commercial stands within the city.
- Active liaison with central government ministries at the higher level
This is a senior and highly strategic position and only those who meet the above requirements need apply.
The salary package will only be made available to professionally qualified applicants who will have been listed for interview.
Applications together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and names and address of three referees should be submitted
The Town Clerk
City of Bulawayo
P.O Box 591
Not later than.25th September, 2017
ADVERT NO : 6011
DATE : 7th September, 2017
C. DUBE TOWN CLERK