Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following position:-
DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING SERVICES (WATER) GRADE 14
This is an executive position which calls for a self-motivated and experienced Civil Engineer who will be in charge of the whole water branch functions.
The position is responsible to the Director of Engineering Services.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:-
- A degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University and must be a corporate member of a recognized Engineering Institution.
- A Master degree in engineering or related field.
- Must have at least 10 years experience in this field in Local Government, Commercial or related environment.
- Must have sound knowledge of the management of both potable water and sewage effluent in conformity with existing legislation.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate firm management skills and financial control.
- Heads the Water Branch that consists of Water, Sewage, Laboratory and Electro-Mechanical Sections.
- Development, maintenance and operation of designated water service reservoirs.
- Operation and maintenance of water feeder mains.
- Operation and maintenance of sewage and water reticulation system.
- Approval of all water projects plans and drawings.
- Ensure that periodic inspections of all work undertaken by his/her branch are being carried out in an efficient and economic manner.
- Estimates and costs project expenses.
- Management of contracts.
- Preparation of projects proposals.
- In charge of water treatment plants, dams, pump stations, and ground water or waste water treatment plants, outfalls sewers, recycled water, environmental protection and industrial water.
The Human Resources Manager
P.O Box 591
To reach him not later than Friday 16th June, 2017
ADVERT NO : 5793
DATE : 25TH MAY, 2017
C. DUBE TOWN CLERK