1. This invitation for bids follows the General Procurement Notice for the Bulawayo Water and Sewerage Services Improvement Project that appeared in United Nations Development Business online No. AfDB38-01/16 of 18th January 2016 and the Bank’s website on 19th January 2016.
2. The Government of Zimbabwe (GoZ) has received grant financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) towards the cost of the Bulawayo Water and Sewerage Services Improvement Project, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for the Supply and Delivery of Pick-up - Double Cab 4X4, 5 seater with Canopy for the Project Management Unit [PMU] with contract reference no. BWSSIP-G09
3. The City of Bulawayo now invites sealed bids from eligible and reputable Suppliers for the Supply and Delivery of two Motor Vehicles for the Project Management Unit.
4. The delivery period is up to 12 weeks.
5. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the Provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Documents: Procurement of Goods.
6. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information at the address below during office hours, from Monday to Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The Project Coordinator (BWSSIP)
Leopold Takawira Avenue/Josiah Tongogara Street
P.O. Box 1353
7. A complete set of bidding documents may be collected electronically by interested bidders free of charge upon submission of written application.
8. Bids clearly marked “Supply and Delivery of Two Pick-up - Double Cab 4X4 5 seater Motor Vehicles with Canopy for the Project Management Unit” must be delivered to the address below on or before 10:00 hours on the 15th of November 2016 and must be accompanied by a bid securing declaration.
9. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend on the address below on the 15th of November, 2016 at 10:00 hours local time.
The Town Clerk
Fife Street and Leopold Takawira Avenue
P.O. Box 591
Telephone No.: +263-9-75011 Ext 2192
Fax No.: +263-9-65534