Main Responsibility of the Estates Section:
Production of technically sound, economic and effective layout plans that are dynamic and responsive to the needs of the city's residents. This is necessary to promote orderly growth of the city through efficient land utilization and management.
Main functions of the sections are:
- Preparation of layout plans for residential community, institutional and commercial land use activities. Layouts are produced at least two years ahead of implementation of development
- Infill layouts are also produced for residential and other uses in already developed suburbs where land that can accommodate such uses is identified.
- Identification and planning of all vacant land.
- Management of land data bank and provision of accurate and appropriate information on the city's land.
- Formulating policies that enhance land delivery and management
- Processing all land applications expeditiously