- That is food hygiene and food safety – maintain and Update a register of food premises and trade premises, inspect and swabbing of food premises and food sampling. Conduct one visit per month, swab as necessary, random sampling of food, 5 per week.
- Licensing and registration – scrutinize and comment on all food premises plans, inspection of trade premises, health institutions, crèches, pre-schools, residential premises, enforce by laws.
- Water quality control – select consumer sampling points in relation to who standards, that is 201 samples per month. Collect water samples and send for analysis.
- And control of environmental pollution – set out emissions standards for pollutants. Air quality sampling and smoke observation. Approval and inspection of stationery fuel burning appliances and sources.
- Effective solid waste management – refuse removal and disposal; review number of tasks carried out per day, removal schedule for domestic and industrial areas, e.g. weekly domestic, daily, or 3 x per week shopping areas. Ensure sanitary disposal of waste, adequate cover and compaction daily, prepare new tipping cells as the old ones fill up and provide for leachate control.
- Reduce littering and illegal dumping – provide refuse receptacles and provide skip bins in areas generating high volumes of refuse, e.g. markets, shopping areas. Run anti-litter campaigns coupled with markets, shopping areas. Monitor contractors cleaning streets, shopping areas and sanitary lanes daily.
- Dog patrols and licensing – conduct dog patrols and issue dog notices. Educate on need to vaccinate and licence dogs.
- And public conveniences – maintain in a clean and good state of repair, provide cleaning materials, and repair faulty closets. Cleaned twice daily and when necessary usage areas, for example bus stops.
- Mosquitoes – larviciding of water bodies, stream bank clearing, spraying rural buses.
- Rodents – baiting along the rodent control belt, clearing vacant stands and catching rodents for species identification.
- Cemetery maintenance and grave digging contracted out.
- Department’s role – monitor output (sufficient graves) monitor the quality (comply with standards), monitor grass cutting and bush clearing and provide for cremations.
|Service / Service Product||Service Level Standards||Location|
|Licensing and registration of business premises (processing of application)||48 hours (2 days)||Head office|
|Examination of building plans||72 hours (3 days)||Head office|
|Water and food quality monitoring||Routine||Head office / cleansing / pest control|
|Public health complaints||48 hours / on demand||Head office|
|Provision of graves and bookings||Routine / provision of graves on demand||All cemeteries:
West park 09-201281
Luveve 09-521 369
Hyde park 413 504
|Cremation services||On demand||West park crematorium
|Mosquito and rodent control||Routine||Head office, pest control section tel 78216|
|Domestic waste management (residential)||Once a month||65523, 74450, 73569
75011 Ext 2078 Head Office
|Commercial waste management central business district and shopping centres||Daily||65523, 74450, 73569
75011 Ext 2078 Head Office
|Industrial waste management||Once a month||Cleansing Depot / Head Office|
|Clearing illegal dumps||Depending on availability of resources on demand||Cleansing Depot / Head Office|
|Cleaning of public conveniences||Daily||Cleansing Depot / Head Office|
|Street sweeping||Daily||Cleansing Depot / Head Office|
|Collection of dead animals||On demand||Cleansing Depot / Head Office|
|Dog patrols||Routine||Cleansing Depot/ Head Office|