Sewerage, Drainage and Water By-Laws 1980 SI 888/79, 390/80, 425/80, 506/80, 572/81, 200/84.
Statutory Instrument 390 of 1980.
Bulawayo (Sewage, Drainage and Water) By-laws, 1980
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Title. 2. Application. 3. Interpretation of terms.
PART I - SEWERAGE AND DRAINAGE
4. Applications for connexions and discharge of trade effluent. 5. Connexions generally. 6. Openings to be sealed if required. 7. Entry of matter to sewers and drains. 8. Protection of public sewers. 9. Discharge of trade effluent. 10. Protection of public drains. 11. Obstruction of public sewers and public drains. 12. Clearance of obstructions in private sewers and private drains. 13. Removal of trade effluent or trade refuse.
15. Application for supply of water. 16. Provision of communication-pipe. 17. Cutting off supply. 18. Disconnexion of supply on termination of agreement. 19. Quality. 20. Pressure. 21. Special conditions relating to supply of water by portable meter. 22. Supplies for building purposes.
22. Provision of meter. 23. Meters generally. 24. Quantity of water registered and payment thereof. 25. Entry in books of council binding. 26. Dissatisfaction with reading. 27. Failure of meter to register.
PART IV - WATER-SUPPLY FOR FIRE-FIGHTING SERVICES
28. General conditions relating to fire-fighting services. 29. Metering of fire-connexion. 30. Sprinkler installation. 31. Annual charge for sprinkler and drencher installation. 32. Annual charge for private hydrant installations.
33. Conditions of supply of reclaimed water. 34. Distribution pipe-work. 35. Warning notices. 36. Standard of purity. 37. Restricted use.
PART VI - INTERFERENCE WITH WATER SYSTEM AND POLLUTION OF SUPPLY
38. Interference with water system. 39. Pollution of supply.
40. Application respecting bore-holes. 41. Conditions relating to siting of bore-holes. 42. Drilling- times. 43. Pumping-equipment. 44. Use of bore-hole water. 45. Connexion between bore-holes and other supplies.
46. Approval of applications. 47. Charges in general. 48. Repeals.
It is hereby notified that the Minister of Local Government and Housing has, in terms of section 180 of the Urban Councils Act [Chapter 214], approved the following bylaws made by the Bulawayo City Council: -